Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

Yes! You can volunteer for the Town!

Head over to our Community Resources page and apply to volunteer today.

Yes. Please click here for a link to the North Carolina Forest Service.

The Town of Wilson's Mills does not provide trash pick up services. If you are a resident of the Town of Wilson's Mills, you can choose to purchase a landfill sticker from Johnston County, or you may contact a local trash pick up provider. Please click here to go to the Johnston County Solid Waste Department website. 


(includes the Town Administrator, Finance Officer, Town Clerk / HR Director and the Administrative Assistant):
Monday - Friday from 8:30 am-5:00 pm.


Monday - Friday from 8:30 am-5:00 pm.


Monday - Friday from 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.


Works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please dial 9-1-1 for immediate police assistance.

Currently our police department does not offer finger printing services.

The closest available location for finger printing is the Johnston County Sheriff's Department.

Johnston County Sheriff's Department is located at 120 S 3rd St, Smithfield, NC 27577 and can be contacted via (919) 989-5010

For Crash/Accident reports we request that you contact the North Carolina Department of Motor Vehicles. You can contact them by telephone at (919) 861-3098 or by following this link below:

NC DMV Request for Report

Job opportunities with the Town of Wilson's Mills can be found under the “Government” link, Jobs and Volunteering.

The Wilson’s Mills Police Department does not hold certifications. However, WMPD does have a robust part-time police officer program ($19.90/hr) where officers are required to work one (1) 12-hour shift per month.  Those interested should call or stop by the police department for more information.

The police department urges the public to contact 911 for matters the citizen feels they need the police (even if it is not an emergency) to respond to their house or in their neighborhood to address a need.

General business questions can be answered Monday thru Friday during normal business hours by contacting the Police Department at 919 938 3885 ext. 240.

The North Carolina Department of Transportation is required by State law to be informed of Special Events that could impact traffic safety.  Organizers must contact the Chief of Police a minimum of 90 days prior to the event to obtain the required documentation.

When starting or transferring a business within the town you must complete a zoning/change of use permit so the town is aware of the type of business that will be conducted. Please contact our Planning Department for further information.

Depends. There are many factors that go into this decision. A few factors we look at are the size and usage of the second residence. The second residence cannot be a primary residence and cannot be larger than 25% of primary residence. For more information on second residences please contact our Planning Department.

Double wide mobile homes are allowed with additional standards such as wheels/tongues removed, masonry underpinning, and a 32 sq. ft. masonry landing at each door. For more information or questions about these requirements contact our Planning Department.

Single wide mobiles homes are only allowed in mobile home parks within town limits.

You need a permit for fences, storage buildings, patios, porches, or anything that changes the footprint of your property. If you are unsure or have questions, please contact or Code Enforcement Officer, Cynthia Paul.

A site plan is a two-scale drawing of your property that includes all structures, and setbacks. Setbacks are the required distances from property lines new structures must follow.

You need a permit for fences, storage buildings, patios, porches, or anything that changes the footprint of your property. If you are unsure or have questions, please contact our Planning Department.