Skip to main content

Our organization would like to sponsor an event in Town (run/walk, bicycle ride) that may require streets to temporarily close. Who do I contact?

The North Carolina Department of Transportation is required by State law to be informed of Special Events that could impact traffic safety.  Organizers must contact the Chief of Police a minimum of 90 days prior to the event to obtain the required documentation.